Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Swansea, Wales

Before heading back to London, we stopped in to Swansea, Wales for a couple days and really glad we did. This is the land of Dylan Thomas, one of my favourite authors, the weather has been outstanding and the chance to walk thebeaches of this seaside town before winter sets in is incentive enough.















Well, we are getting near the end of our journey. It has been an incredible few months. Beginning with the huge effort getting our house ready for sale, whittling down a lifetime of possessions - packing, moving and unpacking lock-stock-n-barrel - saying goodbye to close friends and family - driving a 26' UHaul most of the way across Canada. That is challenge enough for most right-thinking souls. But somehow, we were able to do tap into the excitement of travel in a way that many would fine intimidating. Travel for a further few months by rail, bus, car and ship - visiting great places and enjoying the company of some fine people and totally without a defined plan. I am so grateful to have had this experience - so sad it is nearly over. But, it is time to head back to reality before this lifestyle becomes de facto.

- Derek

1 comment:

  1. I realize one leg of your new journey is coming to an end but in reality this is just the beginning of your new one.I want to thank you both for my tour through Europe via blogging that I may never experience myself.I do however want to say I am grateful that you are both returning to Canada so that I can be that much closer to the family that I love so much.Wishing you a safe return to the homeland and looking forward to that long awaited call from my best buddy Lil.......xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete